Sunday 7 October 2012

Icons on the streets of Kathmandu...

A sweet friend took me to a Tibetan temple this week.  One thing led to another and before you know it, I'm re-living my travels so you might as well come along for the ride...
 
I thought I would show you some icons we found whilst wandering the streets of Kathmandu, Nepal.  Kathmandu is teeming with spiritual activity, Buddhist and Hindu all mixed in together in this most mystical of cities...



 Ganesh adorned in pink...
 Shrines in the midst of city life...
 Beautiful daily offerings...


  Buddha eyes, a common sight in Kathmandu...

 Buddha with marigolds and rice offerings...
Here is me with Ani (a Tibetan Nun) at the Boudhanath Temple in Kathmandu. I have a special place in my heart for Tibetans (but that's a story for another day)...
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!