Wednesday 30 May 2012

Mustard and Inspiration

Hello out there

Today's post brings you mustard and my No.1 (crafting) inspiration source. 

Mustard, because this is what Nomadic Tara the crafter came up with today for her Etsy shop:
It's made from a vintage woollen tablecloth and a 1970's vintage curtain.  The whole thing just screams "take me to Woodstock".  Shame that was a once-er.  Still, I'm sure this tote would appreciate many a good outing.

The sun refused to come out today for photographs, so Mustard Tote was photographed in the cloudy gloom but the lemon tree seems to make everything seem bright and happy.

Which brings me to my No.1 Inspiration source (for crafting).  Of course, my inspiration came whilst travelling (to Bali - we were there again a few weeks ago).  We were in Ubud, a small town in the centre of the island.  There is a cafe there called the Art Kafe.

The Art Kafe is decorated in a cottage chic meets world traveller kind of style.  It's divine.  It combines my love of "the road", soft pastel colours, granny chic, feminine touches and all in an indoor/outdoor setting.  We've had many a great evening there, sometimes they have live music, often times world music comes gently through the cafe speakers of a candlelit evening.  Ohhh I'm drifting again....

Right, here are some pics of the Art Kafe taken on our last trip - it inspires my creations for my little store.

Just love the crochet blanket with the indian toran (wall hanging) behind:
I spy Mr Tara...
purple pom poms could never go amiss...
giant dream catchers in pastel hues and a beautiful mis-matched floor...
Ahhhhh..... so there you have it, my No.1 go-to place for granny chic meets global wanderer.

Hope you are all having a nice Wednesday :0)

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!