Wednesday 8 August 2012

My workshop (on a rainy winters day)...

Well hello there!

I often read craft blogs and ooh and ahh over everybody's studios.  I like to see where things are created, how people store things, how the space is used.  So, on this rainy day, with not much happening apart from me making stock for my little store, I thought I would give you a peek into my world.  I took the photos before all the creating begun... hence the sense of order...

Won't you come on in...
I have two desks in the room - one for sewing and one for drawing, admin and dreaming up designs.  I still have my flowers from yesterday's product photo-shoot.
My 24 year old sewing machine - vintage no less!  I bought it new when I was 18 years old and its still going strong...  It only has two fancy stitches but I don't need all the bells and whistles...
My cupboard ... hanging on the door is a vintage house-coat find.  Mr Tara thinks its hideous, but I can see the potential.  Granted, it is a couple of sizes too big, but with a dart here and there, it could be a nice summer smock.  If all else fails, I can use the material to make other things.  Or, wear it on Australia Day...
 I do like a seat on the floor so tea breaks are taken here, gazing out the window...
 The sewing table
 The drawing desk (with grey old day outside)
Well that's the end of my rainy day tour.  I'm thinking future tours should be conducted on sunny days (!)

Hope your week is ticking along nicely...

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!