Tuesday 26 March 2013

Lazy Sunday...

A few Sundays ago Mr Tara and I were out and about with the camera.  We visited Montsalvat (you will remember Mr Tara built a guitar here not long ago...) and we also stopped in at Warrandyte for lunch and a paddle in the river since it was such a hot day.
Montsalvat has nothing shiny and new - its all old and rustic and artistic, just the way I like it...
 


Ivy on a mud brick wall


Thomas Lloyd Guitars workshop - many happy memories here for Mr Tara :)


Next stop was the river at Warrandyte where we took a paddle with the ducks...
Found this Balinese beauty outside the crystal shop (which sadly, is closing down)...
Some Sunday cyclists parked up for a dip in the river.  I was most taken with the feather boa accessories on the bike and the colourful pannier complete with fresh blooms!

The was Warrandyte's first pub but now its the home of "Folkart", a hippy tribal cave which I visit every time I come here... 
This area is my favourite part of Melbourne - winter or summer its a little slice of the country just 40 minutes drive from our house (in deepest suburbia!).

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!