Tuesday 19 March 2013

Meet Phoebe...

Last week I had a weak moment.  Next to the shop where I have my weekly henna spot, an animal shelter has opened up.  It was a quiet day with hardly any henna customers, so I thought I would saunter on over to the pet cages and see who had been abandoned this week (slippery slope Tara....).

When I got there, this little sweetie stole my heart.  I mean literally she grabbed it and ran.  She is two years old and had been abandoned six weeks ago.

Now Mr Tara and I don't have any pets due to our nomadic ways... its hard to commit when you have one hand on the your backpack and a penchant for the road less travelled.

However, life is not lived constantly on the move so we took the plunge and decided that Phoebe (the name she was given at the shelter) would indeed be coming to live with us.  Needless to say its been such a joyful week - with way too much time spent discussing how cute she is and cuddling her.
Here she is buttering me up at the shelter... this is the point where she stole my heart.
The day I picked her up, we had to go home via the vet for an immunisation injection.  Here she is in the waiting room at the vets, grumpy and scared (my heart melts even more!)
Back at home we get to know each other.  It was 37 degrees in Melbourne that day, and I had a hot clingy cat sitting on my knee for hours wanting to be cuddled...
She's settled in so nicely...


 
What a cute fluffball...

 
Fluffy feet!
Settling in on Mr Tara's knee...
In her bed which is made from an old Indian grinder table with a rug I crocheted many moons ago...
I have a favourite purple floor cushion that she soon claimed as her own - it now has a cat sized "dip" in it...
 

Snuggliest cat ever...
My attempt at cat yoga ended in her taking a snooze...
Happy days...

Tara

1 comment:

  1. One of the most adorable cats ever .... beautiful photographs

    She seems to have found a fabulous furever home

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!