Sunday 23 September 2012

Meet Percy...

Meet Percy, the possum who has taken up residence in the roof of our back-yard shed.  I am so delighted he has chosen our backyard as his home.  Luckily he only has access to the lean-to part of the shed, so any damage he does to the roof lining is neither here nor there to us.  If he was in our house roof then we would have to have him removed and relocated to the wild (possums are protected here in Australia - yay!).

Every day I go out and chat to him, but being nocturnal he's mostly asleep when I do.  Sometimes he shuffles about but mostly he's in the land of nod (or is it selective hearing when it comes to my mindless chatter?).

He doesn't care for weekends too much, when Mr Tara starts up the power tools in the shed because it disturbs his slumber, but mostly we live in harmony with this little fluff ball.

An ear and a nose poking out...
In the garden spring has sprung and everything is having a growth spurt.  My roses are just about to bloom - I can't wait till the do!

Spring daisies...
 Winter's moss...
I do feel a creative spurt coming on with the arrival of some lovely gifted vintage linens and doilies.  It's been a while since the last shop update (I blame the recent henna madness).  Watch this space...

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello...!