Monday 3 September 2012

The Henna marathon that was...

We really enjoyed our very first market day at St Andrews on Saturday. 

Despite having to get out of bed at the crack of stupid (5am), we were awarded with the most lovely of spots under a tree with the ground freshly covered in bark.

Setting up the stall at dawn...
 All set up and ready to trade...

I was not expecting the henna tattoos to be so popular - I had hand cramps after 4 hours of squeezing henna out of the tube! 
I love doing the designs, but more than that, I love all the people you get to meet along the way.  Everyone tells you a little about their lives, there is fun and laughter and goodness all around. 

I managed to henna 13 people, including a whole family - Mum, Dad and twin daughters (that was a highlight - getting to do the whole family!).  I couldn't stop smiling all day :) 

It was one of the coldest henna sessions I have ever done - a chilly 15 degrees.  Looking back though, maybe I just have bad circulation.  Here is a picture of me sitting in the sunshine with my customer.  I'm wrapped up in 4 layers of clothing while she is looking lovely in her summer dress.... 
Mr Tara packing up at 3pm.  He was a star - taking care of the stall while I did the henna.  It was great to hear him chatting away with all the customers.  He really does enjoy meeting people so was in his element.
Here we are at the end of the day, giggling like a couple of teenagers because I set the camera up so low that we both had to crouch down to get in the photo.  We were so happy after a day amongst the free spirited people that make up St Andrews Market.
It was so much fun we will be going back (I'm trying to convince Mr Tara to come with me this coming weekend).  Weather dependant of course.  I'll keep you posted.

Tara

1 comment:

  1. Mr and Mrs Tara what a success!
    The henna looks so neat and tidy!
    I think I would have been a bit shaky in the cold, lol.
    You look like you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!