Tuesday 4 September 2012

Today's project...

Hello

Today's been a bit hectic here at Nomadic Tara's workshop.  I have a few events coming up (more on that in the next post), and in the midst of it all (and a half-hearted attempt at housework), I created these....

Henna Candles!  Well I guess it was a natural progression from the weekend's henna marathon.  I am currently waiting for them to dry so that I can seal the henna onto the candle.  I am going to use a little miracle in a bottle called Mod Podge (great name huh?). 

My "natural" attempt at sealing a trial candle last night with a hairdryer resulted in a burnt hand and half the henna stuck to the wax paper.  Lets hope the Mod Podge does the trick and these candles can come with me to market on the weekend.

Tara

7 comments:

  1. Hello Tara,
    The candles look great .... and I think mod podge should work?
    Looks like you had a great time at the market ... I'm going to have to come along and visit you there, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, St Andrews is a great day out and it would be nice to see you. I will post on Facebook on a Friday if I am going to market (in case you make the trip and I am not there!). Hope you are well, Tara x. Ps. The mod podge worked a treat :0)

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! love love love the candles!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! I have done another 7 today. It's beginning to look like a candle factory round here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara these henna candles are very pretty! They would look perfect in my home!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm trying to do henna on candles as well :) I've tried sealing with wax... But have found the melted wax leaves a milky film on the henna, therefore reducing the colour. I would like to try mod podge but found that when my henna on the candles was dry it would easily flake off, so thought the application of mod podge with a brush would cause the henna to come off completely. Have you got any suggestions please. Would be much appreciated :) thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, if you use fresh henna it is better and I apply the mod podge with a brush (but gently). Don't leave the henna to dry overnight (just a few hours) and it should be ok. Hope it all goes ok - I have also tried sealing candles with wax but it didn't go well!

      Tara

      Delete

Say hello...!