Tuesday 18 September 2012

Spreading the Henna Love...

This past week I have mainly been spreading the Henna Love.  I have never done so many henna tattoos in one week.  I'm not sure if the moon aligned with something or other, whether its something in the water, or whether its because spring has sprung and Melbourne is in the mood for some Henna Love...
 
Needless to say, whether it was wielding my henna cone alone, or teaming up with my wonderful Henna buddy Shannon, it was a most wonderful week.  Here are some of the highlights...
 
I started at Tree of Life, a beautiful bohemian store in Chadstone where I did henna for the staff.  It was a great way to spend an evening painting these lovely ladies...


 Here we are at the end of the night, all hennaed up...
The next night I did Henna for the VIP shopping night at Ishka Chadstone.  Here I teamed up with Shannon and we did henna for the customers. 

First up was my little cousin Erika who seems to appear whenever I pick up a henna cone...
 Here is Shannon with a happy customer...
 This is me in action...
 Summer is on its way.... the feet are coming out...

 My first henna torso.... I loved the way it turned out...
Next henna event was Friday Night Henna at Ishka Chadstone with Shannon.  This is to be a regular gig for us and its fun for us to use Ishka as a henna venue since we both used to work here years ago.

Here is Maha, I loved her stories of Egypt and her lovely sunny nature...
 Friends with henna (one by Shannon, one by Tara)
If you find a kiwi foot.... you do this!  For me its the perfect combination.... Silver Fern, NZ, Jandals and an Indian Anklet.  (For those of you who don't know....I'm from New Zealand, a Kiwi!).

 I want to try this one on myself...
 Here is one of Shannon's amazing pieces of henna art...
Gabby and Paris, fun sisters who stopped by for henna...
The next event (see, I told you it was a big week...), was Saturday afternoon henna at Ishka.  Since it was raining I didn't hold my stall at St Andrew's market - I came here instead...

This is Christina... a delight to meet...
Finally, with the week of henna events over, on Sunday I visited my cousins for afternoon tea.  Knowing there might be a few wanting henna, I took the cones along (because I was literally on a roll here...)

Here is cousin Erika, lining up for her 4th (!) henna tattoo of the week.  This time she asked if I could do a snowflake as she is going to a Winter Wonderland Ball.  I like the way it turned out with the sparkly holographic glitter...
 My cousin Judy who likes green...
Danielle, a willing model who has beautifully clear skin and a lot of enthusiasm for henna.  Going forward no limb of hers will be safe in my company!!!
 Amanda with her purple sparkles...
 Brittany with holographic silver...
To finish the week off, yesterday I did this.... just for me...
So ended the glorious week of henna.  Shannon sent me this great picture of the two of us.  It really made me laugh with the caption on it.  We have always called ourselves the Henna Twins - due to the difference in our size it makes us giggle.
Shannon reminded me that this week is the Hindu festival of Ganesh Chaturthi.  To bless our henna business and acknowledge the ancient art of henna, we both created altars in our homes.  This is my one...
Thanks to all the lovely people that participated in our henna week.  If you have visited Nomadic Tara's facebook page you will be able to see all the photos from the three public events.  A reminder that Shannon and I will be doing henna every Friday at Ishka Chadstone from 5pm till 8.30pm over the summer.

Tara
(Phew!  that was a long post, well done you for staying till the end....)

Note: Photos on this post are a combination of mine and Shannon's (thanks Shannon for capturing our henna week so beautifully)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week of henna and happiness! So many great designs and people. I'm still in awe over the Ganesh shrine.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello...!